Prophesies about Jesus
There are many prophesies in the old testament about Jesus. Here are some.
- That Jesus would be born of a Virgin (Matthew 1:18).
"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."
- That Jesus would be born in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:1).
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small
among the clams of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from old, from ancient times."
- That he would live in Galilee (Matthew 2:22-23).
".. but in the future he will honour Galilee of the Gentiles, by way of the sea, along the Jordan..."
- That he would suffer and die for us (Matthew 27:45-50).
"We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all."
- The nature of his death (Matthew 27:35).
"..they have pierced my hands and my feet."
- That there would be a lottery for his clothes (Matthew 27:35).
"They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing."
- That he would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, money that was eventually used to buy a potter field (Matthew 27:1-10).
"So they paid me thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the potter" - the handsome price at which they priced me!"