The Good News
God did something he didn't need to do - he set in motion a plan to save mankind.
Isaiah lived several hundred years before Jesus, and yet prophesied about him. Here are some more prophesies about Jesus.
- "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows..."
- "Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and cause him to suffer..."
- "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us
peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
- "For he bore the sins of many, and made intersession for the transgressors."
Jesus died for our sins (Luke 23:26-49). To show that death had no hold of him, he rose again three days later (Luke 24).
Our response to this.
- "The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again."
- "He said to them, 'How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did
not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?' And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was
said in the scriptures concerning himself."